Monday, April 28, 2014

Mount Willard

This is an easy-peasy mountain with great views!

I was supposed to hike Middle Sugarloaf today but when I got there Zealand Road was still closed.  I talked to another hiker who was parked at the gate and we decided it wasn't worth the risk of being towed. She sent me to Willard.

After the Smarts Mountain misery it was nice to hike an easy trail with great views.   The snow was soft but if you stayed in the middle there was no chance of postholing.  There are 4 minor water crossings easily maneuvered.  There was very little mud and no ice. I used a pole but barebooted all the way up.  A quick, easy ascent.




I was worried I would be socked-in.
Trail conditions most of the way - packed and easy.


My hiking companion the ERD.
great views.

Selfie on the summit :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Great review on NETC. So good ... my daughter & I hiked Willard today. Thanks for nice comment! Check out my Tweets - I tweeted about You yesterday! @storygirll - - - middle daughter's blog = traveling handstands.com and youngest daughter's blog for my hiking adventures (just barely started - I haven't figured out how add to it yet). Your blog is BEAUTIFUL --- it's bookmarked for trail reports. Keep up the good work --- so nice chatting at the gate! Oops - my blog = Omie's hike.com ... Sugarloaf was SNOW FREE. Try it soon. See you in the mountains! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley! Thank you :) I will check out your daughter's blog :). Hope to see you on the trails! Om shanti, Roberta

      Delete