Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sentinel Dome - Yosemite, CA

 My original intent was to hike the 4 mile trail. I arranged to stay at an inn near the trailhead; however, when I got there I was told the trail was closed (along with a number of others) due to a serious and fast spreading fire in Yosemite National Park. So, instead of a 40 minute drive to the entrance, I had to drive 3 hours to the other side of the park to hike. The smoke was thick obscuring the summit views. It was difficult to breathe, so I decided on a short hike to Sentinel Dome. It was beautiful in an eerie way :)

Dawn drive to West entrance
Helicopter getting water from the river




Posing on the summit


Smokey view from the summit


Sentinel dome. View from the trail



Fire moving quickly through the park.  It was zero percent contained when I took the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment